Many thanks, Luis.  But I wouldn't have found that link in a week of searching.  So really very much appreciated.

Stephen

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 2:15 PM, Luis Iglesias <luis.iglesias@vigo.org> wrote:
It's often said that before asking new questions, you can look for them in the list. 3 days ago a question like yours was answered. Look at this:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5290

De: "Catalan Bird Tours" <catalanbirdtours@gmail.com>
Para: users@openoffice.apache.org
Enviados: Lunes, 17 de Junio 2013 14:07:21
Asunto: new Mac won't open Open Office

Hi

Just downloaded Open Office onto new MacBook (2.5 GHz Intel Core i5) and when I try to open I receive this message:

Can you confirm that this is normal and that the following is the solution:

Many thanks for your urgent attention.

Stephen Christopher

--
Luis Iglesias Rejas
Servizo de Administración Electrónica

Web: www.vigo.org

--
Stephen Christopher

www.catalanbirdtours.com
Birding Holidays and Bird Tours in Spain

www.surfbirds.com/blog/spainbirding/
Spain Birding blog, trip reports and photos