openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Larry Gusaas <larry.gus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OOD behavior
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2013 18:12:47 GMT

On 2013-06-26 9:35 AM Rory O'Farrell wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Jun 2013 09:43:42 -0400
> Roberta Palmour <rmpskb@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear Users:
>>
>> Can someone please tell me why e-mail attachments downloaded from
>> gmail to the desktop are automatically opened by open office, even
>> when that is not the program in which they were constructed?  And what
>> does one do to remove this automatic default behavior?
>>
>> Many thanks, Roberta Palmour
>>
> You need to reset the file associations for the documnt types you do not wish OpenOffice
to open.  Normally ths is doe by right clicking on a typical document of a type and selecting
Open With option from the pop-up menu.  There is usually a setting towards the bottom of the
dialog wibdow that open to say "always use this application".  I have not access to a Mac,
so the real wordings may be slightly different.

1. To reset file associations on a Mac:
2. Right click on a document
3. Click on "Get Info"
4. In window that opens, under "Open with:" choose the program you wish to open the document
with.
5. Click "Change All" underneath "Use this application to open all documents like this one."

--

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com