openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Larry Gusaas <>
Subject Re: OOD behavior
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2013 18:12:47 GMT

On 2013-06-26 9:35 AM Rory O'Farrell wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Jun 2013 09:43:42 -0400
> Roberta Palmour <> wrote:
>> Dear Users:
>> Can someone please tell me why e-mail attachments downloaded from
>> gmail to the desktop are automatically opened by open office, even
>> when that is not the program in which they were constructed?  And what
>> does one do to remove this automatic default behavior?
>> Many thanks, Roberta Palmour
> You need to reset the file associations for the documnt types you do not wish OpenOffice
to open.  Normally ths is doe by right clicking on a typical document of a type and selecting
Open With option from the pop-up menu.  There is usually a setting towards the bottom of the
dialog wibdow that open to say "always use this application".  I have not access to a Mac,
so the real wordings may be slightly different.

1. To reset file associations on a Mac:
2. Right click on a document
3. Click on "Get Info"
4. In window that opens, under "Open with:" choose the program you wish to open the document
5. Click "Change All" underneath "Use this application to open all documents like this one."

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: