openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Robert Funnell <robert.funn...@mcgill.ca>
Subject Re: Codes
Date Sat, 22 Jun 2013 19:13:53 GMT
On Sat, 22 Jun 2013, Doug wrote:

> On 06/22/2013 10:35 AM, Rory O'Farrell wrote:
>
> /snip/
>

>> If the WP lobby feel so strongly about not having "Reveal Codes", why don't they
do something about it and write an extension to do just that?

> Maybe it's because we're not programmers. We're people who just want to
> use a word processor without all the folderol of "styles." ...

You can use OO/LO just fine without styles, and I suspect that most
users do. You won't be taking full advantage of the software, but you
can do it and be productive. The same goes for WordPerfect, which also
has styles.

> Now if OO and LO are so great, why can't they deal with ...

This stuff had nothing to do with this thread.

> It's hopeless, folks. OO/LO have decided for you that if you want to use
> them, you will have to get a book on style-programming. Enjoy!

Again, this is just not correct.

- Robert