openoffice-users mailing list archives

From "Mary Jo and Art Pranger" <mojoanda...@att.net>
Subject Fw: Document Conversion
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2013 21:56:25 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: Mary Jo and Art Pranger
To: users@openoffice.org
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2013 3:34 PM
Subject: Document Conversion

I originally downloaded Open Office to be able to open documents originated in this program.
When I downloaded an update, I mistakenly checked off "documents" and "spreadsheets" when
installing it. I then found that all of "my documents" had been converted to Open Office documents.
Since I did not want this automatic conversion, I downloaded another update and did not check
off the conversions. I got my spreadsheets back in the Excel format, but all of my Word documents
were not in "Notepad" format and some are corrupted.
This is not acceptable!
How do I get my documents back to the "Word" format??!
What will happen if I uninstall the Open Office program??
Arthur Pranger