openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Brian Barker <>
Subject Re: Paragraph breaks
Date Sat, 22 Jun 2013 02:09:04 GMT
At 16:27 21/06/2013 -0700, Sam Warren wrote:
>How do I search for extra paragraph breaks ...

That depends on what you consider "extra" breaks!  You probably mean
consecutive paragraph breaks, in other words defining an empty
paragraph - as would be (mis)used to space paragraphs by a user who
thought the word processor was a typewriter.

o In the Find & Replace dialogue, click More Options and ensure that
"Regular expressions" is ticked.
o Search for ^$
The circumflex locks your pattern to the start of a paragraph and the
dollar sign to its end, so the pair represents an empty paragraph -
what you need.

>... and paragraph breaks with a space in front?

o As above but search for " $" (no quotes) - that's space-dollar sign.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: