openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Martin Groenescheij <Mar...@Groenescheij.COM>
Subject Re: Fw: Document Conversion
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2013 22:21:16 GMT
OpenOffice does not convert documents when you install the software.
Documents are converted when you open it in Calc or Writer, when you
close the documents OpenOffice is so kind to ask you if you want to save
it in the original format or in ods or odt format.
I guess that you have selected an option to associate xls and doc
formats to OpenOffice, all that this does is set the default programs to
OpenOffice.
You can correct this in the Control panel (assuming you use Windows).

On 14/06/2013 7:56 AM, Mary Jo and Art Pranger wrote:
> [...]
when installing it. I then found that all of "my documents" had been converted to Open Office
documents.
> Since I did not want this automatic conversion, I downloaded another update and did not
check off the conversions. I got my spreadsheets back in the Excel format, but all of my Word
documents were not in "Notepad" format and some are corrupted.