openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Hagar Delest <hagar.del...@laposte.net>
Subject Re: openoffice.org problem
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2013 19:30:16 GMT
This error message is related to your profile in fact. When a user runs AOO, there is a lock
file in the user profile to prevent such situation.

At the root of the user profile (see http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=12426
), in the \3 folder, there should be a .lock file. Just delete it.

Hagar

Le 05/06/2013 21:09, Rory O'Farrell a écrit :

> On Wed, 5 Jun 2013 14:19:17 -0400
> D. Radheshwar <dradheshwar@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I am getting the following message when I try to open a pdf file that I had saved
on my desktop or open the program to work

>> either another instance of OpenOffice.org is accessing your personal setting or your
personal settings are locked.
>> simultaneous access can lead to inconsistencies in your personal settings, you should
make sure user 'dradheshwar' closes OpenOffice.org on host 'ds-macbook-pro.home'.

>> do you really want to continue?
>>
>> yes		no
>>
>> I removed the previous download of OpenOffice.org from my computer and installed
it again. The problem persists.
>> How to resolve, can you help?
>>
>> Many thanks.
>>
>> Damu Radheshwar
>
> With OpenOffice closed, find and delete any lock files on your computer.  These have
a form like .~lock.fred.odt# where fred is the filename and the type will vary according to
the OpenOffice application

> I am aware that OpenOffice Draw can do minor edits to .pdf files, but it is not intended
for major pdf file revision.  You should look for another tool if that is what you intend.