openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Moving X-Y chart data labels
Date Sat, 01 Jun 2013 11:58:52 GMT
Hi Steve,

your mails has been moderated, so I put you in CC. Please consider to
subscribe to the list, so that you do not miss an answer.

Steve Edmonds schrieb:
> Hi.
> How do I move X-Y chart data labels. I add a chart, right click a data
> point, insert data labels. With many points close together the labels
> are on top of each other. How do I move the labels a little bit this way
> or that so they are readable.

You cannot drag the label, but use one of the predefined positions.
Click on the data series and then on the single data point. Only one
data point should be selected. Then choose "Format Single Data Label..."
from the context menu. There is a drop-down-list 'Placement'.

Kind regards
Regina