openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: OOD behavior
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2013 15:35:23 GMT
On Wed, 26 Jun 2013 09:43:42 -0400
Roberta Palmour <rmpskb@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Users:
>
> Can someone please tell me why e-mail attachments downloaded from
> gmail to the desktop are automatically opened by open office, even
> when that is not the program in which they were constructed?  And what
> does one do to remove this automatic default behavior?
>
> Many thanks, Roberta Palmour

You need to reset the file associations for the documnt types you do not wish OpenOffice to
open.  Normally ths is doe by right clicking on a typical document of a type and selecting
Open With option from the pop-up menu.  There is usually a setting towards the bottom of the
dialog wibdow that open to say "always use this application".  I have not access to a Mac,
so the real wordings may be slightly different.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>