openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: Can't Get Rid of Window
Date Sun, 23 Jun 2013 04:29:25 GMT
On Sat, 22 Jun 2013 17:12:58 -0400
Donald Titus <donaldtitus@verizon.net> wrote:

> 1.  I have a Mac OS 10.8.4.  When I call up a document using Apache OpenOffice I get
a message that says:  "The last time you opened OpenOffice.org it unexpectedly quit while
reopening windows.  Do you want to try to reopen its windows again?  If you choose not to
reopen windows, you may have to open and position the windows yourself."  Two options are
given:  "Don't Reopen" and "Reopen".  Selecting either option does not get rid of the window.

> 2.  My OpenOffice is locked up.  The only way that I can quit is to "Force Quit".  However,
every time that I call up OpenOffice I get the same message.

> 3.  I have gone to your help page and tried some of the remedies that have worked for
others.  However, they don't work for me.  What can I do?

Look at this thread on the Forum
http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=43095

The restorewindows problem is common on a Mac and there are many reports of it on the Forum
and many discussions of how to fix.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>