openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: Open Office 3.4.1
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2013 15:35:41 GMT
On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 10:07:51 -0400
"Frank Ervin, MD" <frank.ervin@gmail.com> wrote:

> We need to be able to move data from spreadsheet to an existing Excel (Office 2004) file
.  Copy and paste seems not to work; save as comma or tab delimited  file seems not an option.
> Is there a mechanism I am overlooking?  Please advise
>

> Frank Ervin, MD
> frank.ervin@gmail.com
>

> "The average person avoids the truth as diligently as he avoids arson, regicide, and
piracy on the high seas, and for the same reason, because he believes that it is dangerous,
that no good can come of it, and that it doesn't pay."  HL Mencken

/File /Save As in OpenOffice will permit yu to drop the file type selector to MS Office 97/2000/XP
format ("automatic file name extension" should be checked), which will allow the file be read
by Excel. This will allow you insert an entire file into Excel.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>