openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: openoffice.org problem
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2013 19:09:35 GMT
On Wed, 5 Jun 2013 14:19:17 -0400
D. Radheshwar <dradheshwar@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am getting the following message when I try to open a pdf file that I had saved on
my desktop or open the program to work

> either another instance of OpenOffice.org is accessing your personal setting or your
personal settings are locked.
> simultaneous access can lead to inconsistencies in your personal settings, you should
make sure user 'dradheshwar' closes OpenOffice.org on host 'ds-macbook-pro.home'.

> do you really want to continue?
>
> yes		no
>
> I removed the previous download of OpenOffice.org from my computer and installed it again.
The problem persists.
> How to resolve, can you help?
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Damu Radheshwar

With OpenOffice closed, find and delete any lock files on your computer.  These have a form
like .~lock.fred.odt# where fred is the filename and the type will vary according to the OpenOffice
application

I am aware that OpenOffice Draw can do minor edits to .pdf files, but it is not intended for
major pdf file revision.  You should look for another tool if that is what you intend.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>