openoffice-users mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] ODF file formats vs Zip
Date Sun, 23 Jun 2013 16:14:54 GMT
Well, the Saved copy doesn't preserve Undo history, and Hagar is correct: Performing Save does
not clear the Undo history for the document that remains open.  Whether an AutoSave recovery
will recover the Undo history to that point is something that can be verified by an experiment
of some kind.

I also realize that I don't know if AutoSave is completely separate from the document recovery
material used after crashes and other situations or that's what AutoSave is updating.  More
experimentation!  Helpful documentation?

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Hagar Delest [mailto:hagar.delest@laposte.net]
Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2013 03:37 AM
To: users@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] ODF file formats vs Zip

Le 10/06/2013 02:16, Richard Detwiler a écrit :
> Also, I don't know if this is the case with auto-save, but when manually saving, I'm
pretty sure that things can not be "undone" prior to the save. If this is indeed the case
with auto-save, this is another very good reason not to use it. You may have done something
you really want to undo, but if the auto-save happens, you can't. (Again, I'm not positive
whether this is the case with auto-save like with manual save, but I'm guessing it may be.)

No. The auto-save operation does not reset the undo history (same with standard save).

Hagar