openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Larry Gusaas <>
Subject Re: Extending the life of an older desktop machine by installing OpenOffice?
Date Thu, 23 May 2013 00:32:59 GMT

On 2013-05-22 5:57 PM Dan Lewis wrote:
>   A few years ago, I talked with the people in the local Apple store after Leopard came
> about the cost of upgrading. I was informed that I would have to pay for Tiger and Leopard.

> That came to $360 (180 each). That seems too much for two upgrades.

The upgrade price for Leopard was US $129. Tiger came with all the original Intel Macs, so

there was no upgrade for them. An upgrade to Tiger for PowerPC Macs was also US $129.

Apple has dropped the upgrade prices. Snow Leopard was originally US $29, now only $19.99

online at the Apple Store.

Lion(you have to call support to get it) and Mountain Lion (online at the App Store) are $19.99.

> Besides I prefer to do a clean install with a complete operating system rather than an

That is one option when upgrading. Never done it myself since I didn't see any need to do

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: