openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Larry Gusaas <larry.gus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Extending the life of an older desktop machine by installing OpenOffice?
Date Wed, 22 May 2013 21:20:53 GMT
On 2013-05-22 2:18 PM Dan Lewis wrote:
> For example, I have a MacBook that was one of the early Intel based motherboards. It
runs OS
> X 10.4. It is too old to run any of the current OS X operating systems

The first generation MacBook (Model Identifier: MacBook1,1) will run OS X ver. 10.6.8 (Snow

Leopard). 2nd generation and newer will run Ver. 10.7 (Lion)

> (cost too much even if it could).

Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Costs $19.99 from the Apple store. I that too expensive? Lion is
the
same price but requires Snow Leopard to be installed on your computer.

> For WiFi, it only uses WPA; so I can not use it to connect to any secure network even
if I
> knew the password.

My MacBook (MacBook2,1) with OS X ver. 10.6.8 connects to WPA 2 protected networks. If Ubuntu

gives you WPA 2 access, Snow Leopard will as well

--

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com