openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Felmon Davis <dav...@union.edu>
Subject Re: Zooming in
Date Wed, 08 May 2013 06:12:13 GMT
On Wed, 8 May 2013, Dale Erwin wrote:

> I have the same problem.  It used to be much worse, but I found a
> setting in the mouse/touchpad driver that disables the touchpad
> whenever another pointing device is plugged in.  After bootup is
> complete, I now get a message on my desktop that the touchpad has
> been disabled.  However, the mouse still does not behave very well.
> I can sit back and take my hands off the computer altogether and
> watch the cursor dance around all over the screen. Sometimes it's
> worse than at others, but it always does a little dancing. It's
> especially annoying when trying to place the pointer on a certain
> place and before I can click it moves away all on its own so I back
> it up and it jumps again.  Sometimes it makes me want to scream.
> Mine's a Dell with Win 7 Home Prem.

you don't say if you have researched the issue. I took a quick look
online and one possibility among several is a driver conflict. another
is a need for an updated driver (to be downloaded from the input
manufacturer's website).

were it me, I'd first update the drivers and see; then I'd go to
device manager and stop a driver (e.g. wifi) and see what happens and
repeat systematically to see if anything helps.

but guess this is off-topic for this list; sure hope you find a
solution. I wouldn't live with the situation.

here is the first link I found on the matter
<http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/51501-cursor-jumps-all-over-screen-3.html>

(interestingly one person found it was a charger issue!)

you might also search for the problem referencing your specific laptop
model. probably others with the same problem and a fix.

F.

> Dale Erwin
> Jr. 28 de Julio 657, Depto. 03
> Magdalena del Mar, Lima 17 PERU
> http://leather.casaerwin.org
>
> On 5/7/2013 9:07 PM, Patricia Hickin wrote:
>> My computer zooms in on OpenOffice (and other) screens without my telling
>> it to.
>> (I have a laptop with touchpad).  I know it has something to do with the
>> way I'm using my fingers on the touchpad but I can't quite figure out how
>> to avoid it.
>>
>> Is there any way I can disable this feature?  It drives me crazy.
>>
>> (It happens with other programs too.)
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Pat

Felmon Davis