openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: An Open Office 'newbie' with a question.
Date Sat, 11 May 2013 19:08:34 GMT
On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 3:40 PM, Paul Collins
<ranger1@southernphone.com.au> wrote:
> Dear Andrea,
>
> Thank you for your early response to my (e)missive.  I went to the donations page link
and I again encountered the seemingly mindless ineptitude of the PayPal monolith.  I cannot
login using my email / password combination (which I faithfully recorded in my "Apache Open
Office Calc spreadsheet) NOR can I donate as a new (casual?) PayPal user.

I just tried, logging in via my PayPal account and had no problems logging in.

Are you setting up a PayPal account for the first time?  If so you
might need to confirm an email or something before the account is
ready.  I think they also take some time to verify the bank account or
credit card it is associated with.

Regards,

-Rob

> I've encountered this crass inaccessibility with PayPal (and eBay) before, to the point
where any purchase which necessitates the use of either party loses my business.  I'd still
like to donate but with the PayPal impasse, I'm in need of alternate suggestions.