openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Brian Barker <b.m.bar...@btinternet.com>
Subject Re: Thanks!! plus borders problem
Date Mon, 06 May 2013 20:32:39 GMT
At 13:52 06/05/2013 -0400, Patricia Hickin wrote:
>I am trying to add a border with a shadow, but the border will *not*
>appear!  I go to Format > Page and click on the Borders tab, choose
>5 pt, color green -- but nothing shows.  If I add a shadow, the
>shadow shows but not the border.

As well as setting the style and colour of the border (and shadow),
you need to select something under "Line arrangement" to indicate on
which sides you want the border to appear.  You can pick something
under Default - you may want the second icon from the left,
indicating all four sides - or make your own selection in the picture
panel below.  If you don't make this selection, you get the left icon
by default, which is nothing!

>Although I click OK at the end, when I return to the same formatting
>option, the 0.05pt option is selected instead of the 5.0.

That's because you (so far) asked for no border, so the style
selection is forgotten.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker