openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Dan Lewis <elderdanle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Extending the life of an older desktop machine by installing OpenOffice?
Date Wed, 08 May 2013 17:35:44 GMT
On 05/08/2013 12:44 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
> Have you extended the life of an older PC or Mac by installing
> OpenOffice and other open source packages?
>
> Have you helped others do this?  Do you refurbish old PCs as a
> business and install OpenOffice as part of that?
>
> If so, and you would like to share some tips in a story I'm working
> on, please contact me off-line.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Rob
      I have a MacBook that originally ran OS X 10.4 (2005). Apple no
longer provides an OS X version that will run on it. I am presently
running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS with no problems. I can run the latest versions
of both AOO and LO. I can also run Calibre and Sigil which I use for
converting *.odt files to ePUB format. I can use the latest wireless
security as well.

--Dan