openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: How to display pages with no breaks between them
Date Wed, 08 May 2013 15:47:32 GMT
On Wed, 8 May 2013 15:29:55 +0000
stephen schneider <sssss41@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Dear OpenOfficers:
>
> Thanks for your time and support on this admittedly simple question:
>
> Before swtiching to OO, I used ms word, where it was possible to view text documents
continuously: i.e., pages were separated by one line only.  To set this up, one went to the
'View' heading and chose 'Normal.'

> Now, in OO, pages are separated by a blue area, so when one goes down a multi-page document,
there's a jump after every page.  The document is discontinuous, which I don't like.

> So, the questions: is it possible in OO for pages to be separated by one line (and not
by the gap described above)?  How to set this up?  How to make this the default for viewing
documents?

Two ways:
Move to /View /Web view
or
Set Page height (/Format /Page : Page tab, User) to the max allowable of 300 cm (118.11")

Both of these will minimise the intrusion of the page break.  Be aware that OpenOffice does
not like (= really hates) paragraphs containing more that 64K characters.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>