openoffice-users mailing list archives

From "Virgil Arrington" <cuyfa...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache OpenOffice 4.0 Logo Survey now Open!
Date Sat, 27 Apr 2013 14:08:36 GMT
While I agree that Urmas exaggerated, I was surprised by the number of
designs that included some hint of the Windows scheme. While I use Windows
and am happy with it, it seems to me that one of OO's "selling" points is
that it is cross-platform. Incorporating hints of one operating system in
the logo doesn't advertise the cross-platform nature of OO.

That said, there were several very good designs in the survey that did not
include the Windows hints. I particularly liked the designs with the feather
and globe icon, as well as those incorporating the doves as ends of a book.
Very creative and descriptive of the extent of OOs breadth.

Virgil

-----Original Message-----
From: JB
Sent: Saturday, April 27, 2013 9:45 AM
To: users@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: Re: Apache OpenOffice 4.0 Logo Survey now Open!

On Sat, 27 Apr 2013 17:53:45 +0700
"Urmas" <davian818@gmail.com> wrote:

> > The Apache OpenOffice project is planning a "brand refresh" for our
> > next major release, Apache OpenOffice 4.0. As part of this effort we
> > are looking to update our logo.
>
> And there was no better ideas that copycatting MSO 4-tile logo,
> metro'izing it and
> throwing in some chicken feathers? The whole gallery save 1-2 images is
> like that.

  The "whole gallery save 1-2" eh. You're pretty good at over-exaggeration,
that or
  you didn't pay very good attention in school during the time you were
supposed to
  be learning to count.

> With all those donations one could suppose a real designer will be
> employed to
> create a keystone image. Unless someone is planning to get it off soon and
> not
> invest in it targeting next decade or more.

  Well, c'mon then Mr. Artiste! Get with it and make something and
contribute! We
  won't hold our breath waiting for it though.

--
"Americans [have] the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the
citizens of