openoffice-users mailing list archives

From "Virgil Arrington" <>
Subject Re: Apache OpenOffice 4.0 Logo Survey now Open!
Date Sat, 27 Apr 2013 14:08:36 GMT
While I agree that Urmas exaggerated, I was surprised by the number of
designs that included some hint of the Windows scheme. While I use Windows
and am happy with it, it seems to me that one of OO's "selling" points is
that it is cross-platform. Incorporating hints of one operating system in
the logo doesn't advertise the cross-platform nature of OO.

That said, there were several very good designs in the survey that did not
include the Windows hints. I particularly liked the designs with the feather
and globe icon, as well as those incorporating the doves as ends of a book.
Very creative and descriptive of the extent of OOs breadth.

-----Original Message-----
From: JB
Sent: Saturday, April 27, 2013 9:45 AM
Subject: Re: Apache OpenOffice 4.0 Logo Survey now Open!

On Sat, 27 Apr 2013 17:53:45 +0700
"Urmas" <> wrote:

> > The Apache OpenOffice project is planning a "brand refresh" for our
> > next major release, Apache OpenOffice 4.0. As part of this effort we
> > are looking to update our logo.
> And there was no better ideas that copycatting MSO 4-tile logo,
> metro'izing it and
> throwing in some chicken feathers? The whole gallery save 1-2 images is
> like that.

  The "whole gallery save 1-2" eh. You're pretty good at over-exaggeration,
that or
  you didn't pay very good attention in school during the time you were
supposed to
  be learning to count.

> With all those donations one could suppose a real designer will be
> employed to
> create a keystone image. Unless someone is planning to get it off soon and
> not
> invest in it targeting next decade or more.

  Well, c'mon then Mr. Artiste! Get with it and make something and
contribute! We
  won't hold our breath waiting for it though.

"Americans [have] the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the
citizens of
other countries whose governments are afraid to trust their people with
-James Madison

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail: