openoffice-users mailing list archives

From "Virgil Arrington" <cuyfa...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: EPUB from OpenOffice
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2013 21:03:46 GMT
I hate to say it on an OpenOffice user's list, but the best EPub tool I've
used is a small word processor called Atlantis (shareware, $35.00
registration). It exports directly to EPub format, and its results are very
clean and consistent with the original format. It also does a very nice
import of .ODT files. It's only obvious drawback is that it does not support
tables.

Virgil

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Weir
Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 4:49 PM
To: users@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: EPUB from OpenOffice

*I see several extensions in the repository that offer EPub digital book
conversion from OpenOffice:

http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/epubGenerator* *
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/Writer2ePub* *
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/odftoepub*

Does anyone have experience with these, and a recommendation?  Or is there
some other tool that you would suggest for publishing to EPub?

Thanks in advance for any insights.

-Rob