openoffice-users mailing list archives

From "Virgil Arrington" <cuyfa...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache OpenOffice 4.0 Logo Survey now Open!
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2013 16:32:57 GMT
Rob,

Thank you for the opportunity to give input into the new logo. I just took
the survey and, while I appreciated the opportunity to give comments on
individual logos, I wanted to just give a general observation.

Of all the logos I saw, only one had a serif typeface. I think the use of a
classic serif typeface (Garamond, Linux Libertine, Goudy, etc.) might work
well in the logo.

Virgil

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Weir
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 11:50 AM
To: dev@openoffice.apache.org ; marketing@openoffice.apache.org ;
users@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: Apache OpenOffice 4.0 Logo Survey now Open!

The Apache OpenOffice project is planning a "brand refresh" for our
next major release, Apache OpenOffice 4.0. As part of this effort we
are looking to update our logo.

We've received 40 proposals from community members and we would like
your feedback on these designs.

You can find the survey here:

http://survey.openoffice.org/index.php/815178/

Thanks in advance for your participation and feedback.

Regards,

-Rob