openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Open office issues.
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2013 13:25:57 GMT
On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 10:04 PM, Dan Cowell
<danielmartincowell@hotmail.com>wrote:

> Hi there, I’m not sure is I’m going about this the correct way but I have
> an issue with Open Office. I recently downloaded the program to my new dell
> tablet, which runs on windows 8 pro, but when I try open it I get a message
> that reads; This application cannot be started. [context=shared] caught
> unexpected exception!

Microsoft lists AOO 3.4.1 on their Windows 8 compatible list.  I've used it
on Windows 8 without problems.

Is your tablet running Windows RT?  Microsoft made a special version of
Windows 8 for tablets, targeting ARM processors.  OpenOffice won't run
there.  We require x86 or x86-64 processors.

-Rob