openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <>
Subject Re: Apache OpenOffice 4.0 Logo Survey now Open!
Date Sun, 28 Apr 2013 22:10:54 GMT
On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 6:53 AM, Urmas <> wrote:
>> The Apache OpenOffice project is planning a "brand refresh" for our
>> next major release, Apache OpenOffice 4.0. As part of this effort we
>> are looking to update our logo.
> And there was no better ideas that copycatting MSO 4-tile logo, metro'izing it and throwing
in some chicken feathers? The whole gallery save 1-2 images is like that.
> With all those donations one could suppose a real designer will be employed to create
a keystone image. Unless someone is planning to get it off soon and not invest in it targeting
next decade or more.

Thanks.  It is always good to get the LibreOffice perspective on this.

But with nearly 4000 responses to the survey so far I think it shows
that many thought it worth their effort to participate in the survey
in a constructive way.  This is good.   We were happy to accept logo
contributions from anyone.  We didn't ask for their C.V. first.
That's the nature of open source:  we're open.   Of course, not all of
the logos will make it on to the second round.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message