openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Johnny Rosenberg <>
Subject Re: Click to add date or similar
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2013 20:48:53 GMT
2013/4/18 Wade Smart <>:
> --
> Registered Linux User: #480675
> Registered Linux Machine: #408606
> Linux since June 2005
> On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 11:05 AM, Brian Barker
> <> wrote:
>> At 19:16 17/04/2013 -0500, Wade Smart wrote:
>>> A friend of mine (in another state) is disabled and has difficulty
>>> controlling the mouse. He has a spreadsheet that keeps track of all the
>>> things he has to do in the day. Not
>>> a to-do list per se but he has to put the date in the field each time he
>>> does something.
>>> In a column he wants to do something like the date picker. I don't have
>>> any experience with it other than playing with it today. I see how it works
>>> but I don't see how to apply it
>>> to every cell in a column without drawing it on every cell.
>> If you don't solve this in the way you hope, you may be able to create a
>> workaround by setting the facility up in one place - somewhere probably on
>> the same sheet but out of the way of your data or it could just be at the
>> head of the relevant column.  Your friend can then pick the required date
>> there, copy it, and paste it into the required cells.  He can copy and paste
>> using the keyboard, of course (Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V), and he can paste into
>> multiple cells by selecting the destination range first, using the arrow
>> keys along with the Shift key.
>> I trust this helps.
>> Brian Barker
>> For additional commands, e-mail:
> That is about the only thing Ive thought of too that would work.
> I feel for him because simple things like point, click, copy, point,
> click, paste ..
> takes us seconds and him minutes per transaction.
> Thanks.
> Wade

It's possible to create one ”date picker” and let it trig a macro that
puts the selected date to the first empty cell in a specific row. I
don't know if that's a good idea in this case, but it's the first that
comes to my mind.

Johnny Rosenberg

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: