openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Samer Mansour <samer...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache OpenOffice 4.0 Logo Survey now Open!
Date Sat, 27 Apr 2013 21:32:39 GMT
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback Urmas :P

Just a reminder that we are all volunteers and this is open source, many of
us have day jobs we get paid to do and many of us are not experts in the
areas we volunteer in. This community allows many people to user their
expert skills or vice versa gain skills they would otherwise not be exposed
to in learning.

For example, I have coding skills, but I do that for my day job.  There was
a need for marketing and branding.  I jumped in and am trying my best to
drive this process forward, I've made proposals and I've tried to organize
information around assets and branding.

I don't think anyone suggested a bad idea in their contribution, they may
just not have the skills to create a finished product. Some looked more
finished than others.

Samer Mansour