openoffice-users mailing list archives

From "NG, Derek" <derek...@atos.net>
Subject RE: Open office 2.4.3 with Java 7
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2013 02:03:06 GMT
Hi Dan,

Thanks for the reply!
So I can safely assure that OpenOffice 2.4.3 does not support Java 7 since it is a couple
of years old but OpenOffice 3.4.1 and above support Java 7?

Thanks and regards
Derek Ng

From: Dan Lewis [elderdanlewis@gmail.com]
Sent: 10 April 2013 09:53
To: users@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: Re: Open office 2.4.3 with Java 7

On 04/09/2013 09:44 PM, NG, Derek wrote:
> Hi,
>
>       My name is Derek and i am currently working in DSTA/MINDEF and we are currently
using OpenOffice 2.4.3. However as we are planning to upgrade Java version to 7 , I would
like to enquire from you if Open Office 2.4.3 support Java 7.

> I know that Open Office 3.4.0 and above support Java 7 and if Open Office 2.4.3 does
not support Java 7, we will be upgrading Open Office to 3.4.0 and above.

> Hope to hear from you soon to clarify our doubts. Thanks !
>
> Thanks and regards
> Derek Ng
      You should upgrade to 3.4.1 since it supports Java 7. OOo 2.4.3 is
a couple of years old. I do know from personal experienced that a
version that was newer than OOo 2.4.3 would not use Java 7.

--Dan