openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Hagar Delest <hagar.del...@laposte.net>
Subject Re: Apache OpenOffice 4.0 Logo Survey now Open!
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2013 21:59:01 GMT
Le 24/04/2013 23:05, Rob Weir a écrit :
> The fact that we're doing one thing now does not mean we won't also do
> other things later.  As it says in the survey introduction, this is
> part of an overall "brand refresh" effort.  Other pieces will occur as
> well, but not all at once and certainly not all today.

But it may be less easy to derive a theme from a single logo than building a whole pack having
in mind the synergy needed between the main logo and the application icons.

LibreOffice was very consistent about that when they forked. Their visual identity is rather
strong and efficient.

But well, let's see how it goes. I just hope that the other icons will be changed shortly
afterward. They are the real weak point in the AOO visual brand IMHO (and it's no fun looking
at them all day long).

Hagar