openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Hagar Delest <>
Subject Re: Apache OpenOffice 4.0 Logo Survey now Open!
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2013 20:14:10 GMT
Small question: what is the point having a nice/renewed main logo when the application icons
and their mime type icons are so outdated???
What users do really see are the application/MIME icons (in menus and in their file browser),
not the main logo that splashes a split second...

The previous design was so nice. It just lacked some colors, that's all (I mean the refresh

Even with the 40 logos, there is no proposal that creates a link a common ground to the applications
icons (except one with mere copy/paste of the application icons). At least the refresh branding
gave a global theme for the whole look and feel.

NB1: I did the survey nonetheless.
NB2: not subscribed to the marketing list.