openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Hagar Delest <hagar.del...@laposte.net>
Subject Re: Apache OpenOffice 4.0 Logo Survey now Open!
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2013 20:14:10 GMT
Small question: what is the point having a nice/renewed main logo when the application icons
and their mime type icons are so outdated???
What users do really see are the application/MIME icons (in menus and in their file browser),
not the main logo that splashes a split second...

The previous design was so nice. It just lacked some colors, that's all (I mean the refresh
branding).

Even with the 40 logos, there is no proposal that creates a link a common ground to the applications
icons (except one with mere copy/paste of the application icons). At least the refresh branding
gave a global theme for the whole look and feel.

NB1: I did the survey nonetheless.
NB2: not subscribed to the marketing list.

Hagar