openoffice-users mailing list archives

From James Knott <james.kn...@rogers.com>
Subject Re: Product purchase.
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2013 12:20:13 GMT
Tony Keith wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is the correct outlet  to use for this question.  If it
> is not then hopefully someone can tell me where to direct my questions.
>

> I purchased OOo through my android phone and tablet and have since switched
> to an iPad.  Am I required to pay the $19.99 again to be able to use the
> apple based app or is there a way to get it on my iPad for the price I've
> already paid. (The e-mail address used for the original purchase was used on
> the iPad as well.)

I didn't know OpenOffice was available for Android, though there is a
viewer.  That viewer is a free download.  As for buying apps, with
Google Play, once you've paid for an app, you can use it on as many
devices as you own.  I have some on both my tablet and phone.
Regardless, as far as I know, buying an app on Android does not get you
that app on iPhone, iPad etc., as purchases are tied to your GMail account.

Where did you buy it from?  In general OpenOffice is free.