openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Dale Erwin <d...@casaerwin.org>
Subject Re: Opening an existing document
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2013 18:52:37 GMT
Thanks, Rory, that took care of it... and I didn't have to restart the
Quickstarter.  I just restarted writer.  This will be a real time-saver
for me.

Dale Erwin
Jr. 28 de Julio 657, Depto. 03
Magdalena del Mar, Lima 17 PERU
http://leather.casaerwin.org

On 4/10/2013 1:30 PM, Rory O'Farrell wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Apr 2013 12:34:40 -0500
> Dale Erwin <dale@casaerwin.org> wrote:
>
>> In previous versions of OOo, when an existing document was opened in
>> writer (I don't know about other components), it was opened at the same
>> place in the document where it was closed the time beffore.  I find that
>> function rather useful and do not understand why it has been
>> eliminated.  Would it be possible to get it back?
>>

> If you refer having the document opening at the last editing position, you need to enter
a name in
> /Tools /Options /OpenOffice.org /User Data on Windows / Linux machines. I'm not certain,
but you may need to restat OpenOffice completely for this to take (including the Quickstarter).