openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Doug <dmcgarr...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: Open office issues.
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2013 17:13:31 GMT
On 04/03/2013 03:51 AM, Maciej Jaros wrote:
> Dan Cowell (2013-04-03 04:04):
>> Hi there, I’m not sure is I’m going about this the correct way but I have an
issue with Open Office. I recently downloaded the program to my new dell tablet, which runs
on windows 8 pro, but when I try open it I get a message that reads; This application cannot
be started. [context=shared] caught unexpected exception!

>> Any help that can be offered would be greatly appreciated.
>>

>> P.s It runs fine on my windows 7 laptop.
>
> There is a free downgrade option :-). You just need to borrow a
> Windows 7 CD/DVD from someone and after installation call Microsoft to
> register your copy.

I have installed OpenOffice on Windows8-Pro 32-bit without a problem.

--doug

--
Blessed are the peacemakers...for they shall be shot at from both sides.  A.M. Greeley