openoffice-users mailing list archives

From "h. v." <circul...@gmx.com>
Subject Re: british dictionary
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2013 15:23:16 GMT
Thanks Rory

It is good to know that there are differences between the different OS versions. Had wondered
from time to time.

Cheers
nonamay

----- Original Message -----
From: Rory O'Farrell
Sent: 04/19/13 01:49 PM
To: users@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: Re: british dictionary

On Fri, 19 Apr 2013 13:53:51 +0200 "h. v." <circulars@gmx.com> wrote: > Hi Hagar
> > Many thanks for the hints - very useful. > > Is it me, or is there a slight
error in: > > 2. Check the general settings > by Hagar Delest » Sat Mar 14, 2009
3:54 pm > > Go to menu Tools>Options>Languages Settings>Languages > >
Should it not be: > > /Go to menu OpenOffice.org>Preferences>Options>Languages
Settings>Languages/ > > At least that is where you find it on a mac. Tools>Options
does not exist - on mine, anyway. > > Hope it helps > ----- Original Message -----
> >From: Hagar Delest > Sent: 04/18/13 08:19 PM > To: users@openoffice.apache.org
> Subject: Re: british dictionary > > Some hints with screenshots here: http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=16512
As a courtesy I have sent a copy of this reply to you as well as to the mailing list. Do Not
reply to me personally but just to the list at <users@openoffice.apache.org> - replies
to my personal email address will be ignor
 ed. Since you are not subscribed to this list you may not see all the replies to your query.
For user support you can also use The OpenOffice.org Community Forum http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/
Regards, Hagar Le 18/04/2013 15:46, lisette.eindhoven@kabelfoon.net a écrit : > I hav
ejust downloaded apache open office 3.4.1. in the Dutch language. I also downloaded the English
UK language package. But it does not work. Only US-spelling gets checked!!! What can I do?
> > Help please, > > Lisette > > As you point out, the Options setting is
different on a Mac. As most replies are for Windows users, it is easy to overlook the Mac
and Linux differences, _especually_ when the host operating system is not specified. This
is why on the en Forum we request an OO version number and an OS in the User .sig. . -- Rory