openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: british dictionary
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2013 12:49:27 GMT
On Fri, 19 Apr 2013 13:53:51 +0200
"h. v." <circulars@gmx.com> wrote:

> Hi Hagar
>
> Many thanks for the hints - very useful.
>
> Is it me, or is there a slight error in:
>
> 2. Check the general settings
> by Hagar Delest » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:54 pm
>
> Go to menu Tools>Options>Languages Settings>Languages
>
> Should it not be:
>
>  /Go to menu OpenOffice.org>Preferences>Options>Languages Settings>Languages/
>
> At least that is where you find it on a mac. Tools>Options does not exist - on mine,
anyway.

> Hope it helps

As a courtesy I have sent a copy of this reply to you as well as to the mailing list. Do Not
reply to me personally but just to the list at <users@openoffice.apache.org> - replies
to my personal email address will be ignored. Since you are not subscribed to this list you
may not see all the replies to your query. To subscribe Apache OpenOffice mailing lists go
to http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/mailing-lists.html For user support you can also
use The OpenOffice.org Community Forum http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/ Regards, Hagar
Le 18/04/2013 15:46, lisette.eindhoven@kabelfoon.net a écrit : > I hav ejust downloaded
apache open office 3.4.1. in the Dutch language. I also downloaded the English UK language
package. But it does not work. Only US-spelling gets checked!!! What can I do? > > Help
please, > > Lisette > >

As you point out, the Options setting is different on a Mac.  As most replies are for Windows
users, it is easy to overlook the Mac and Linux differences, _especually_ when the host operating
system is not specified.  This is why on the en Forum we request an OO version number and
an OS in the User .sig.
.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>