openoffice-users mailing list archives

From John Jason Jordan <joh...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Product purchase.
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2013 03:40:05 GMT
On Mon, 15 Apr 2013 22:45:47 -0400
"Tony Keith" <rayzerwyre@gmail.com> dijo:

>I purchased OOo through my android phone and tablet and have since
>switched to an iPad.  Am I required to pay the $19.99 again to be able
>to use the apple based app or is there a way to get it on my iPad for
>the price I've already paid. (The e-mail address used for the original
>purchase was used on the iPad as well.)

Tony,

I regret to say that if you paid $19.99 for OpenOffice you were ripped
off. OpenOffice is free, open source software that you can download as
many times as you want.

Technically it is not a violation of the OpenOffice license for
companies to package it and charge for their service. Often companies
do this to provide it on CD for people who cannot download it. However,
many companies use this loophole to charge even for the download.

At least now you know that you can download it for your iPad at no
charge. But instead of going to the rip-off people I recommend that you
download it directly from openoffice.org:

http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html