openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <>
Subject Re: Opening an existing document
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2013 18:30:59 GMT
On Wed, 10 Apr 2013 12:34:40 -0500
Dale Erwin <> wrote:

> In previous versions of OOo, when an existing document was opened in
> writer (I don't know about other components), it was opened at the same
> place in the document where it was closed the time beffore.  I find that
> function rather useful and do not understand why it has been
> eliminated.  Would it be possible to get it back?

If you refer having the document opening at the last editing position, you need to enter a
name in
/Tools /Options / /User Data on Windows / Linux machines. I'm not certain, but
you may need to restat OpenOffice completely for this to take (including the Quickstarter).

(Similar path on Macs under Preferences)
Rory O'Farrell <>

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message