openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Brian Barker <b.m.bar...@btinternet.com>
Subject Re: Click to add date or similar
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2013 16:05:59 GMT
At 19:16 17/04/2013 -0500, Wade Smart wrote:
>A friend of mine (in another state) is disabled and has difficulty
>controlling the mouse. He has a spreadsheet that keeps track of all
>the things he has to do in the day. Not
>a to-do list per se but he has to put the date in the field each
>time he does something.
>
>In a column he wants to do something like the date picker. I don't
>have any experience with it other than playing with it today. I see
>how it works but I don't see how to apply it
>to every cell in a column without drawing it on every cell.

If you don't solve this in the way you hope, you may be able to
create a workaround by setting the facility up in one place -
somewhere probably on the same sheet but out of the way of your data
or it could just be at the head of the relevant column.  Your friend
can then pick the required date there, copy it, and paste it into the
required cells.  He can copy and paste using the keyboard, of course
(Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V), and he can paste into multiple cells by selecting
the destination range first, using the arrow keys along with the Shift key.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker