openoffice-users mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Open office issues.
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2013 15:07:00 GMT
Um, he says Dell and Windows 8 Pro.

I'll check it on my Windows 8 box.  I installed successfully once before.

Daniel: Does your Win8 Dell have any special virus protection or other software beyond what
is built into Windows 8?

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Weir [mailto:robweir@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2013 06:26
To: users@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: Re: Open office issues.

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 10:04 PM, Dan Cowell
<danielmartincowell@hotmail.com>wrote:

> Hi there, I’m not sure is I’m going about this the correct way but I have
> an issue with Open Office. I recently downloaded the program to my new dell
> tablet, which runs on windows 8 pro, but when I try open it I get a message
> that reads; This application cannot be started. [context=shared] caught
> unexpected exception!

Microsoft lists AOO 3.4.1 on their Windows 8 compatible list.  I've used it
on Windows 8 without problems.

Is your tablet running Windows RT?  Microsoft made a special version of
Windows 8 for tablets, targeting ARM processors.  OpenOffice won't run
there.  We require x86 or x86-64 processors.

-Rob