openoffice-users mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Open office issues.
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2013 22:20:42 GMT
I assume you didn't have any version of OpenOffice.org (Apache OpenOffice or LibreOffice) on
the machine before installing AOO 3.4.1.

It sounds like first-run doesn't get far enough to create a profile.

Does the account you were using the first time you started Apache OpenOffice an administrator
account?

In Windows Explorer (the first application after the browser on your desktop start bar) look
to see if
  C:\Users\<your id>\App Data\Roaming\OpenOffice.org\3\user\registrymodifications.xcu

is there.

App Data is a hidden directory, but if you type the above through ... App Data\ in the Explorer
address bar, you should get there.  Then click through the other folders.  If the path is
not there, let me know.

Oh, and did you see the OpenOffice tiles on the Windows 8 Start Screen after the install completed?

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Cowell [mailto:danielmartincowell@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2013 14:28
To: users@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: RE: Open office issues.

Hi Dennis, I appreciate your help, I did the typical download from the official open office
website through my desktop with no issues. I don’t have Java or any special virus protection.
I assume it is en-us as I didn't change any settings. Although I am in Australia, I don’t
know if that makes a difference.

I was told about resetting the user file but I’m I can't seem to find the file. It’s not
in any of the locations I was told.

Thanks again for all your help.

Sent from Windows Mail