openoffice-users mailing list archives

From "johnny smith" <>
Subject Re: Deleting pages
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2013 22:36:38 GMT
On Tue, 12 Mar 2013 21:02:36 -0000, Dale Erwin <> wrote:

> No, Print Preview does not show the automatically inserted blank pages.
> At least, it doesn't on my system.  On my documents, in Print Preview,
> the only hint that blank pages have been inserted is in the page
> numbers.  If one chapter ends on a right page, the next chapter
> automatically begins on a right page so a left page is inserted to cause
> this to happen.  Right pages always have odd-numbered pages, so if one
> chapter ends on, say, page 21, the next chapter will begin on page 23 so
> you know that blank page 22 was inserted.  However, if you export to
> pdf, the pdf file will have the blank pages.

i could achieve similar results when setting 'tools/options/
writer/print/print automatically inserted blank pages' to false and
'file/export as pdf/general/export automatically inserted blank pages' to
true. however, the former seems to synchronise with the latter on the
event of exporting. (aoo 3.4.1 on winxp sp2.)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message