openoffice-users mailing list archives

From "Keith N. McKenna" <keith.mcke...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: How to keep ability to mail to list, but avoid getting mail from list
Date Sat, 02 Mar 2013 22:42:16 GMT
Larry Evans wrote:
> I'd prefer to use the gmane newsgroup to view the messages:
>
> gmane.comp.apache.openoffice.user
>
> while still being able to post to the mailing list from
> that newgroup.
>
> What's the way to do that?   My understanding is that
> unsubscribing prevents me from posting to the newgroup.
> Is that right?
>
> TIA.
>
> -regards,
> Larry

Just set up gmane.comp.apache.openoffice.user in your favorite
newsreader. The first time that you post from there your post will be
moderated on the gmane end and you will receive a message from gmane
that you must reply to to verify your e-mail address. When you do that
you will receive another message saying that your post was approved. t
that point you read and send from gmane with no moderation on either
end. From then on you can unsubscribe from the mailing list.

Hope this helps.

Keith