openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Anja Schulte <anjaschu...@t-online.de>
Subject Problem with Open Office: Window does not close after computer crash
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2013 08:39:13 GMT
Dear OpenOffice-users,
it would be great if somebody can help me. I have the following configuration and problem:

Configuration:
Apple MacBook Pro, OS X 10.7.5.
Apache Open Office 3. (as I cannot open the program I can't´see the exact version)

The problem I have:
I downloaded from my video camera a video on the laptop and during this download the laptop
"crashed".
Afterwards a window in OpenOffice appeared saying "restore window". This window has to options
to click on: "Restore window" and "do not restore window". I can click on both but nothing
happens afterwards. The window is always there.
therefore, it is not possible to close OpenOffice on "the normal way". I have to click on
"terminate immediately" the complete program.
now it is not possible to open files in OpenOffice by the finder. It is only possible to open
files by always follow the step above for every single file.
also, it is not possible to print or safe a new document in Open Office.
In the forum I found the advice to rename the "user library" and start the program again.
I did that, but the window was still there afterwards with the same problems as above listed.

Thank you so much in advance,
kind regards,
Anja