openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Robyn Jamison <robynart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Opening .wk1 files
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2013 04:01:44 GMT
I’m not an expert, but I would try emailing them to yourself and then opening them from there.

robyn
On Mar 21, 2013, at 4:02 PM, Don Daugherty wrote:

On 2/17/2013 6:02 PM, Merrill Medansky wrote:
> I downloaded and installed Apache Open Office, tried using it to open my
> old .wk1 files, and did not get an error message but the files did not
> open. I then discovered that my .wk1 files have all been converted to
> OpenOffice files. Now what am I supposed to do to open the files? Nothing
> seems to work.
>
> Thanks,
> Merrill Medansky

I think .wk1 is an old QuattroPro extension.  If so open it in some version of that program
and SaveAs a .xls, which Calc can then open.
Be forewarned tho, that the conversion may be imperfect -- some QuattroPro functions have
no exact Excel equivalent.