openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Alexandro Colorado <...@oooes.org>
Subject Re: a couple of quick questions
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2013 02:04:29 GMT
Nothing is 100% compatible, Google Docs, etc. And like you didn't
mentioned, what is the actual issue. There are thousands of different
characteristics that goes in a document, compatibility is not a one or
two things. Just because TextEdit is compatible on that feature doesnt
mean the rest will.

On 3/20/13, jonathandl@openoffice.org <jonathandl@openoffice.org> wrote:
> I have two (unrelated) questions.  First, I wrote a bug report way back
> and was wondering if there is an (approved) way to put a "bounty" on
> the bug?
>
> Second, I have noticed a compatibility issue that occurs with only one
> document:  it (apparently) was created (by someone else) in Microsoft
> Word, and displays in Mac "Snow Leopard" TextEdit, but does not display
> correctly in OpenOffice.  Is this a reasonable topic for a bug report?
> (I don't quite see it as a support request, since opening the document
> in TextEdit is a successful workaround; my concern is more that OpenOf-
> fice seems not to be perfectly compatible with Word yet.)

Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor
http://es.openoffice.org