openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Johnny Rosenberg <gurus.knu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to keep ability to mail to list, but avoid getting mail from list
Date Sun, 03 Mar 2013 08:36:24 GMT
2013/3/2 Larry Evans <cppljevans@suddenlink.net>:
> I'd prefer to use the gmane newsgroup to view the messages:
>
> gmane.comp.apache.openoffice.user
>
> while still being able to post to the mailing list from
> that newgroup.
>
> What's the way to do that?   My understanding is that
> unsubscribing prevents me from posting to the newgroup.
> Is that right?

As I understand it, you  can post to the list unsubscribed, or maybe I
am confusing this list with the LibreOffice list? Because now and then
I see replies such as ”Note that the OP is not subscribed, so… blah
blah blah”.

If this is not the case on this list, maybe I could tip the
LibreOffice list people to copy that behaviour to their list…