openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Brian Barker <b.m.bar...@btinternet.com>
Subject Re: Displaying pages with no page-breaks between them
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2013 04:22:04 GMT
At 23:17 12/03/2013 +0000, Stephen Schneider wrote:
>Before switching to OO, I used ms word, where it was possible to
>view text documents continuously: i.e., pages were separated by one
>line only.  To set this up, one went to the 'View' heading and chose
>'Normal.'  Now, in OO, pages are separated by a blue area (the
>background?), so when one goes down a multi-page document, there's a
>jump after every page.  The document is discontinuous, which I don't
>like.  So, the questions: is it possible in OO for pages to be
>separated by one line (and not by the gap described above)?

Not that I know of.  But you may be able to make use of View | Web
Layout, which displays your document without its page structure (but
doesn't lose what you have in the document); this enables you to
concentrate on the text itself and not the final layout.

>How to make this the default for viewing documents?

Again, I don't think you can.  But this viewing style appears to be
saved with documents, so you would need to set it only once for each
document.  You could also save a template in Web Layout view, even
perhaps making this your default template for new documents.  But I
see no way of making this happen automatically for documents you
receive from others.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker