openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Gerry Miller <>
Subject Installation of Apache Open Office
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2013 19:01:00 GMT
Today, I downloaded and installed Apache Open Office

My immediate need is to open a DOCX file.

The program seemed to have installed correctly. I noticed that it was
added to my installed programs and the Apache icon was installed on
the desktop. There were no installation errors and I did click Finish

Installed program, under All Programs include 3.4.1  Base Calc  Impress  Math   Writer

Icons on the Desktop include OpenOffice 3.4.1 (Blue and White ball),
OpenOffice 3.4(en-US)...   and OpenOffice 3.4.1(en-U...

However when clicked or doubleclicked NONE of the programs do anything

Please advise