openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Gerry Miller <hypebuste...@gmail.com>
Subject Installation of Apache Open Office
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2013 19:01:00 GMT
Today, I downloaded and installed Apache Open Office

My immediate need is to open a DOCX file.

The program seemed to have installed correctly. I noticed that it was
added to my installed programs and the Apache icon was installed on
the desktop. There were no installation errors and I did click Finish

Installed program, under All Programs include

OpenOffice.org 3.4.1
OpenOffice.org  Base
OpenOffice.org Calc
OpenOffice.org  Impress
OpenOffice.org  Math
OpenOffice.org   Writer

Icons on the Desktop include OpenOffice 3.4.1 (Blue and White ball),
OpenOffice 3.4(en-US)...   and OpenOffice 3.4.1(en-U...

However when clicked or doubleclicked NONE of the programs do anything

Please advise

Gerry