openoffice-users mailing list archives

From James Knott <james.kn...@rogers.com>
Subject Re: Connect LibreOffice with your Google Docs account by using OOo2gd | TechRepublic
Date Sun, 17 Mar 2013 19:54:26 GMT
Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> James Knott wrote:
>> I just upgraded to 12.3 and same thing.
>
> It depends on your Java version, not on your specific distribution.
> I'm using IcedTea, but I confirm it works with Sun's JRE 1.6.0_20 too
> (which just happens to be one I have available at the moment; I don't
> think there is anything special about update 20). You certainly have
> more recent Java versions. I didn't test with them.

I have:

java-1_6_0-openjdk - Java runtime environment based on OpenJDK 6 and
IcedTea 6

This Java 6 compatible Java Runtime Environment is based on OpenJDK 6
and IcedTea 6.

and

java-1_7_0-openjdk - Java runtime environment based on OpenJDK 7 and
IcedTea 7

This Java 7 compatible Java Runtime Environment is based on OpenJDK 7
and IcedTea 7. It contains a Java virtual machine, runtime class
libraries, and an Java application launcher that are necessary to run
programs written in the Java progamming language. It is not a
development environment and does not contain development tools such as
compilers and debuggers. For development tools, see the
java-1_7_0-openjdk-devel package. The Java 7 Runtime Environment is
intended for software developers and vendors who wish to redistribute
their applications

It doesn't work with either.  Also, if Java was the problem it should
also fail in LibreOffice.