openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Robyn Jamison <robynart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: spell check
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2013 03:51:42 GMT
Hi, Alan,

The first thing I always do when something goes haywire is reboot. Have you rebooted your
computer and checked to see if it works again?

Robyn
On Mar 13, 2013, at 8:39 PM, Alan Cliffe wrote:

--- On Wed, 3/13/13, Alan Cliffe <drspectacle@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

From: Alan Cliffe <drspectacle@sbcglobal.net>
To: users@openoffice.apache.org
Date: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 9:09 PM

The spell check feature in my copy of AOO has stopped working. If I click the autospellcheck
icon, with the squiggly red line, it underlines every word of my text as a misspelling. If
I click the Spelling and Grammar icon, with the blue check mark, it just shows the first word
of a sentence in red and says the word is not in the dictionary. It doesn't matter what word
it is; it does it for very common words such as “if” or “and.” Any ideas?